HOW CAN WE HELP YOU CONNECT TO BUSINESS AND INDUSTRY?
The Blackstone Valley Education Foundation enables school leaders and teachers to participate in summer or vacation externships throughout the year as a way to learn firsthand what skills and tools are required in today's economy and to bring those findings back into the classroom.
This year we are thrilled to be able to award up to 10 placements and provide a $500 stipend in exchange for one weeks work.
Some examples of past placements include:
- An English teacher placed at College Admissions for selection protocol insight.
- A Math teacher placed with a local insurance company to learn more about an actuarial scientist.
- A Science teacher placed in medical research using current tools.
- An Art and History teacher placed at a local museum for integrated teaching ideas.
- A Math teacher placed at a manufacturer to witness math in practice.
If you are interested in participating, please complete the 2012 Teacher Externship Application and either email to email@example.com or mail to 110 Church Street, Whitinsville MA 01588.
Applications are accepted on a first come first serve basis.
School membership is not required to participate.